The recent Grenfell Tower building fire in London has once again highlighted the importance of carrying out the correct fire test on building materials.
AWTA Product Testing offers a range of fire tests to both Australian and New Zealand Building Code Deemed-to-Satisfy Requirements. Tests and relevant end use of materials include:
- AS 1530.2 – sarking materials and drapery
- AS/NZS 1530.3 – fixed seating, proscenium curtains, insulation, duct work, other materials
- AS/NZS 3837 – wall and ceiling linings (Australia)
- ISO 5660.1 and .2 – wall and ceiling linings, external claddings (New Zealand)
- AS/ISO 9239.1 – flooring linings and coverings (Australia)
- ISO 9239.1 – flooring linings and coverings (New Zealand)
- AS 1366/AS 2122.1 – foamed thermosets and thermoplastics (New Zealand)
- AS 4254.1 and .2 – air-handling ductwork (Australia)
It is important to note that there is no one test applicable for any particular material type. Tests are end use and location specific and it is quite possible that the same material may require more than one test, or face different requirements.
Selection of the appropriate test can be complex, and (in Australia) reference to the Australian National Construction Code (NCC) is crucial. The NCC can be downloaded from here: http://www.abcb.gov.au/Resources/Publications/NCC/NCC-2016-Complete-Series
For More Information:
Please contact us to discuss your fire testing requirements on: PH: 03 9371 2400 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org