The Australian Consumer Protection (Trade Practices Act-1974) regulation - Consumer Goods (Children’s Nightwear and Limited Daywear and Paper Patterns for Children’s Nightwear) Safety standard 2017 has mandated that as of April 2017, Children’s nightwear and limited daywear must meet the requirements and be labelled, in accordance with AS/NZS 1249-2014.
Please be advised that due to a high volume of current work - our Christmas hours have been modified and we will be opening early in 2018.
The recent Grenfell Tower building fire in London has once again highlighted the importance of carrying out the correct fire test on building materials.
AWTA Product Testing offers a range of fire tests to both Australian and New Zealand Building Code Deemed-to-Satisfy Requirements. Tests and relevant end use of materials include:
- AS 1530.2 – sarking materials and drapery
- AS/NZS 1530.3 – fixed seating, proscenium curtains, insulation, duct work, other materials
- AS/NZS 3837 – wall and ceiling linings (Australia)
- ISO 5660.1 and .2 – wall and ceiling linings, external claddings (New Zealand)
- AS/ISO 9239.1 – flooring linings and coverings (Australia)
- ISO 9239.1 – flooring linings and coverings (New Zealand)
- AS 1366/AS 2122.1 – foamed thermosets and thermoplastics (New Zealand)
- AS 4254.1 and .2 – air-handling ductwork (Australia)
It is important to note that there is no one test applicable for any particular material type. Tests are end use and location specific and it is quite possible that the same material may require more than one test, or face different requirements.
Selection of the appropriate test can be complex, and (in Australia) reference to the Australian National Construction Code (NCC) is crucial. The NCC can be downloaded from here: http://www.abcb.gov.au/Resources/Publications/NCC/NCC-2016-Complete-Series
For More Information:
TQRTM / AWTA Product Testing have developed a testing program specific to the requirements of Australian importers and manufacturers of Corporate / School wear fabrics and garments.
Updated TQRTM key contact and laboratory details to assist with your textile testing requirements.